As an award-winning educator, I believe education and training should teach students how to actually create products and perform services that are of value, rather than merely recite knowledge. Whenever I develop or teach a course, whether it is for undergraduate, graduate, certification, or professional development credit, both content and assessment are grounded in practical application to the workplace.
I believe that students should be able to analyze actual problems, assess alternatives, evaluate quality and in performance, and execute effective and innovative strategies. Through a mixture of problem-based, project-based, competency-based, and research-based approaches to learning and development, I am able to design and deliver instructional content that helps students and organizations achieve desired learning and performance outcomes.
Successful leadership and management roles in operations, supply chain, six sigma, project management, and big data analytics. Includes time spent in executive positions in operations and supply chain, utilizing six sigma in the private sector, and project management experience through leading and managing complex organization-wide initiatives.
- Executive level operations and supply chain management across diverse settings.
- Successfully led and managed over a dozen large scale system wide projects.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt experienced in delivering results.
- Experience using various analytics software to manage big data.
- Doctorate degree in business administration.
- Two masters degrees specializing in operations management, statistics, and leadership.
- Experienced college professor teaching on-campus and online.
- Widely recognized through numerous awards for teaching excellence.
- Author or co-author of two books.
- Numerous papers published in peer-reviewed journals on management and business.
- Publications have been cited hundreds of times by other scholars.