As a researcher interested in business strategies and management, Dr. Bateh has numerous papers published in peer-reviewed scholarly journals on management and business. His research, focusing on both scholarly advancement and practical management implications, addresses multi-faceted aspects of business operations, often highlighting the nuanced managerial decisions of organizations, for the purpose of applying evidence based practices to improve outcomes.
Contributing at the intersection of sustainability and quality, he is interested in how business strategies can be adjusted and accommodated to ultimately achieve desired benefits, including longevity for all organizations and profitability for businesses, but also employee and customer satisfaction as factors in these desired outcomes.
He has made a significant and coherent contribution to the literature on business strategies and management. In particular, the impact he’s had within the discipline is highlighted by the recognition of his work in subsequent peer-reviewed publications in the field. Since 2013, he has been cited by over 187 publications across management, leadership, operations, supply chain, and higher education. Moreover, he has an h-index of six (six publications with more than six citations) and an i10 Index of five (five publications with more than ten citations).
Bateh, J. (May, 2019) Bringing the real world into the classroom. Poster session presented at the Online Teaching Excellence Conference.
Bateh, J., Hansen, B., Bright, C. (August, 2018). Effective use of simulation applications for e-learning in higher education. Paper presented at Baker College Conference for Higher Education and the Public Good.
Bateh, J., Hansen, B., Bright, C. (May, 2018) Game On: Effective use of simulation in online environments. Poster session presented at the Online Teaching Excellence Conference.
Bateh, J. (2016). Exploring leadership styles and faculty satisfaction in higher education. Virginia Beach, VA: DBC Publishing. ISBN: 978-0692757581
Bateh, J., & Wachsmuth, B. (2015). Using statistics for better business decisions. New York, NY: Business Expert Press. ISBN: 978-1631572722
PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES
- Bright, C. F., Bateh, J., & Babb, D. (2019, December). The Relationship Between Simulation Strategies And Exit Exam Scores: A Correlational Assessment Of Glo-Bus And Peregrine. American Journal of Business Education (AJBE), 12(4), 53-60
- Bateh, J., & Sofianopoulou, S. (2019, August). Organizational growth through operational change. International Journal of Business Performance Management. 20(3), 278-296
- Bateh, J., Farah, J. (2017, December). Reducing call center wait times through six sigma. Journal of Business Inquiry. 2(17), 131-149
- Bateh, J., Thornton, B., Arbogast, G., Thornton, B., Farah, J. (2015). Social awareness and global concern for sustainability initiatives in the financial sector. Journal of Business Studies Quarterly. 7(1), 71-76
- Bateh, J., Arbogast, G., Thornton, B., Horner, D. (2015). Sustainability variation in country groupings. Journal of International Business and Cultural Studies. 9(1), 1-10
- Bateh, J., & Heyliger, W. (2014). Academic administrator leadership styles and the impact on faculty job Satisfaction. Journal of Leadership Education. 13(3), 34-49
- Bateh, J., Horner, D., Broadbent, A., Fish, D. (2014). Towards a theoretical integration of sustainability: A literature review and suggested way forward. Journal of Sustainability Management. 2(1), 35-42
- Bateh, J., Heaton, C., Arbogast, & G. Broadbent, A. (2013) Defining sustainability in the business setting. American Journal of Business Education. 6(3), 397-400
- Castaneda, M., Bateh, J., & Heyliger, W. (2013) Areas of cross-cultural difference in the workplace. Journal of International Education Research. 9(2), 165-170
- Bateh, J., Heaton, C., Arbogast, & G. Broadbent, A. (2013) Defining sustainability in the business setting (Reprint). Journal of Sustainability Management. 1(1), 1-4
- Bateh, J., Castaneda, M., & Farah, J. (2013) Employee resistance to organizational change. International Journal of Management & Information Systems. 17(2), 113-116
- Castaneda, M., & Bateh, J. (2013) Strategies for multicultural management: Communication and a common set of values. Journal of International Education Research. 9(1), 41-36